Installing a washing machine isn’t as tricky of a task as you would think. It is a quick and easy process that you yourself will be able to tackle at home in no time. Follow our step by step guide in order to get your washing machine up and running.
Step by step installations guide:
- Before starting the installation process make sure that you have adequate space that fits the dimensions of your washing machine.
- Clear installation area of all pipes and possible blockages.
- Read your instruction manual beforehand.
- Some washing machines may have transit bolts fixed on to hold the drum in place whilst in transit.
- Manually remove the transit bolts.
- You will need a water, drain and power supply in order to install your washing machine. Make sure that you locate your appliance by a socket.
- Turn off water supply and screw one end of the water supply hose onto the fixated water supply.
- Feed the power cable through to the power socket.
- Connect the other end of the water supply hose to the back of the washing machine.
- Feed the drain hose into the fitted drain connection. Do not push the drain hose any lower than the level of the washing machine.
- Once the drain hose is connected, push the machine back into position.
- Check the machine isn’t wobbly; legs can be adjusted if so.
- It is recommended that you put your washing machine on an empty boil wash cycle in order to flush any dirt through the system.
- You are now ready to wash away!!
If you need to remove your washing machine then just complete the process above in reverse order.
- If you are disposing of an old washing machine make sure that you have it recycled. There are many services that will come and take your washing machine away and recycle for you free of charge.
Q. Can you reuse old washing machine hoses?
A. As long as your old hoses are in good condition they can still be used as they generally fit most models.
Q. How can I prevent leaks?
A. Make sure that you do not over tighten the seals for the hoses. If seals are over tightened it is actually more likely for them to leak rather than do the opposite. This is because over-tightening cuts and damages the rubber seal between the water valve and the hose.
Q. How can I accurately check for leaks?
A. Once you have fixed a leak it is important to keep track of its functionality. Check a few minutes after you have made the repair in order to allow time for leaks to occur. Leaks can cause major damage to your appliance such as rusting, so it is important to keep checking for further damage.
If you follow the above you should be able to have your washing machine up and running in no time. Always read your instruction manual beforehand as different washing machine models may vary slightly.
Read on to find out how to clean a washing machine.