Dishwasher maintenance is recommended to ensure you get great wash results and to keep the appliance hygienic.
- If your crockery is not coming out as clean as you would like, check for anything that may be preventing the spray arm from turning fully or anything obstructing the water jets, which you can feel at the end of each arm. Poor wash results can be a result of overloading.
- Scrape away excess food though there is a filter at the bottom of the cavity to catch excess waste. This will need to be emptied between wash cycles.
- Check the manufacturer’s recommendations on your detergents, some wash programmes are not suitable for multi-tab detergents, either the wash cycle is too short or too cool. In this instance the tablet may not dissolve.
- Always ensure you have dishwasher salt in the tank. This salt is to recharge the resin in the water softener. The salt in dishwasher tablets will not provide the water softener required and this could harm your appliance. Only use dishwasher salt in the tank as using an alternative could also damage the appliance.
Water softener levels may need to be adjusted dependent on the hardness of your water supply. Please refer to your user manual to check how to set the correct water softener levels for your region.
Rinse aid helps to dry the dishes without any streaks or stains. Ensure you have sufficient rinse aid in the appliance at all times.
* Give your dishwasher a thorough clean every month if it gets heavy use. Read more.
Call now to get a free domestic appliance quote.