Washing Machine Maintenance – Self Service
You can avoid damage and ensure optimal wash results by performing routine maintenance on your washing machine.
Here are 7 top tips:
- Do not overload your machine. This increases wear and tear and may lead to excessive noise and vibration. Wash results are significantly improved when the clothing has room to move. Please check your manufacturer’s guidelines on the recommended load weight for the specific programmes and fabrics.
- Avoid slamming the door. This can result in broken door latches which will require an engineer to replace.
- Ensure your washing machine is placed on a solid and level platform. The machine may move during the cycle with the possibility of damage to surrounding cabinets and flooring.
- Follow recommended dosage guidelines for washing detergent. Over and under-dosing can lead to poor wash results.
- Generally, washing machine care labels should be followed, although even hand-wash-only garments can be washed in some modern machines. Refer to your user manual or download the AEG app for more information.
- Keep your machine clean
- We recommend running a regular maintenance wash: Once a month run an empty wash on the highest temperature setting.