Washing Machine Installation
How to install and connect a washing machine to an existing water supply.
*Caution; involves heavy lifting and the risk of causing damage to property. Service Force advise that this task be handled by a trained specialist.
*If an appliance is being installed in a new kitchen that does not have the required fittings, please seek advice from a suitably qualified professional.
Washing machine installation is relatively straightforward if the existing supplies are working correctly and accessible. Most appliance retailers offer an installation service if the plumbing is in place and there is satisfactory access.
Before connecting and plumbing in a washing machine:
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure the water supply is off.
- Generally, all new appliances are cold fill only. Older washing machines may have had a hot and cold fill, out of use hot taps can be problematic and may need capping off.
- The drain hose outlet needs to be positioned at the recommended height. Failure to do this can result in the machine either getting stuck on the wash cycle or water being pulled back in to the washing machine from the drain.
- The end of the drain hose will either go into a standpipe or be attached to an adapter under the sink. It is important that the hose is not pushed into the standpipe too far. Many new washing machines have rubber moulding on the drain hose to prevent this.
Before using the washing machine for the first time, your installer should take time to ensure that:
- Transit bolts are removed.
- Hoses are connected to an appropriate water supply & tap is on.
- The drain hose is connected in accordance with recommendations.
To activate the drainage system:
- Pour two litres of water into the main wash section of the detergent dispenser.
- Add a small amount of detergent, then run the highest-temperature cycle to remove any manufacturing dust from the drum.
If you remain unsure or have questions regarding installation then contact Service Force and connect with your nearest certified professional.