If your dishwasher is making an unusual noise, there are a few simple checks you can carry out yourself.
- Has it been loaded correctly? If this is not the case, there may be an obstruction which will cause a grinding noise or screeching sound.
- Examine the racks. Make sure they are sitting in their holdings properly and can slide in and out easily. If they have come off their runners, gently put them back in their place.
- Check the spray arm or arms. Make sure they are spinning freely, without obstruction.
- Do you have debris? Check inside the dishwasher for any loose remnants of food, which could be restricting the mechanism. Pay attention to the filter, but take great care in case there is broken glass or china.
- Refer to your manual. You may have a problem with your motor, fan or pump, which might mean a replacement part.
Call Service Force for a free quote. Appliance repairs can be hazardous and it’s often best to seek professional help from our experienced dishwasher engineer.
Call now to get a free domestic appliance quote.