Troubleshoot Microwave Oven Problems
Microwave not working?
Here’s a shortlist of some common microwave problems and possible solutions.
Microwave is not responding:
- Reset by taking the plug out of the mains and leaving for 2 minutes before reconnecting.
- Check the child safety device hasn’t been activated by mistake. If you are not familiar with this, refer to your manual for instructions.
- Clean the controls at the front according to the cleaning advice in your manual.
The Quick Start isn’t functioning:
Open and close the door. The Quick Start only works within a minute of the door being closed.
The microwave door won’t open.
You will need a service engineer for this. When booking, please quote your model, product number code (PNC or Prod No.) and serial number, all found on the rating plate.
Please remember: while the problem with your microwave is ongoing, disconnect it from the mains and keep it out of use.
There are sparks in the microwave oven:
- Clean your oven according to the instructions in the manual. Don’t use abrasives, which may wear off the coating.
- Check the metal support under the plate is inserted correctly, with the wheel axels underneath.
- Only use microwave-safe cookware (check your manual if you’re unclear what this is). Never use crockery or glass decorated with gold or silver, or metal/aluminium foil.
Please refer to your manual or our online troubleshooting guide for more advice on your microwave.
Remember, you should never attempt a repair on a microwave yourself as it has high-voltage components. Instead, call Service Force for a free quote from our experienced engineers.
Contact us: 03445 610647