Is your tumble dryer not heating up properly? This could be down to a number of factors.
- If it shows an error code, consult your manual to check the reading of the fault.
- Check the room temperature. For a tumble dryer to function well, the ambient temperature should be between 5°C and 35°C.
- Is the dryer on a low setting? If you’re using a new or unfamiliar appliance, you may have the control set to a low temperature cycle. Adjust or check manual for more information.
- Are you overloading your machine? This is a common cause of both under-heating and over-heating. Adjust your load and try again. Remember, clothes should be able to move around freely. As a rule of thumb, a standard 6kg drum will fit around 17 cotton shirts. A 7kg tumble dryer will fit about 21 cotton shirts.
- Make sure the door is fully closed to enable the machine to start. If it is and the problem continues, try a reset by switching off the mains and leaving for two minutes before switching on again.
Refer to our online troubleshooting guide or your manual for further advice on your tumble-dryer concerns.
Alternatively, call Service Force for a free quote. Tumble dryer repairs can be hazardous and it’s often best to seek professional help from our experienced engineers.
Call now to get a free domestic appliance quote.