This is a common problem, Liquid detergents, eco products and low-temperature settings are important for the environment, but they can leave a residue, which will require some maintenance.
- Run an empty maintenance wash on the hottest cycle your machine has. If you mainly use your washing machine on low-temperature settings (30°C or 40°C), an average family will use their machine 4 times a week, so our engineers recommend that you do this once a week.
- Liquid detergents are generally recommended for coloured clothing while most powders have a higher volume of the bleaching agent and is great for white clothing when used at the right temperature. Check you detergent manufacturer packaging for more information.
- Wash towels and bedding at 60°C.
- Check under the door seal. There can be a build-up of residue that will need to be cleaned. We recommend visiting our shop to purchase a suitable cleaning compound or wipe away with a soft damp cloth. You may want to wear gloves for this task.
- There are various cleaners and de-scalers available to buy, but our engineers’ top tip really is to run a hot maintenance wash on a regular basis.
Call now to get a free domestic appliance quote.